Monday 12 November 2007

O Lord, please send someone else

I think I really like Moses. Here was a guy who wasn't afraid to admit his weaknesses. And look for a way out, when he was feeling overwhelmed.
God chose Moses, not because he was brave, or clever, or strong.
And God did not empower Moses to become brave, or clever, or strong.
Rather God promised to be with him.
God's presence was enough.
Moses just had to have faith in the power of God to overcome all.

I am not brave, or clever, or strong.
And God has not chosen me because I am brave, or clever, or strong,
God has not promised to make me brave, or clever, or strong,
But He has promised to be with me always, to never leave me.
And I must trust in that promise and rely on His strength and power

2 comments:

Laura T said...

Sometimes I just get annoyed at Moses' reluctance, God was speaking straight to him after all, how could he not have complete trust? But this post has helped me see Moses in a different light and made me realise I am also just like him.. perhaps that's why he annoys me..

Laura T said...

Miss ya blogs jill!

NAVIGATING LIFE AS A CHRISTIAN WITH BIPOLAR AFFECTIVE DISORDER