Tuesday 11 September 2007

THE BEST BOOK BUY OF ALL TIME!!!!

I have been reading Knox's Justification By Faith. This must be the best book buy of all time (apart from Scripture of course). It cost me a grand total of $1.50 from Moore Books.

There is so much to take from this little booklet, but I have been particularly mulling over the section on works.

It will be no surprise to readers of this blog to hear that works have no place whatsoever, in justification.
In his letter to the Galations, Paul said that by attempting to observe the law as a way to gain merit the Galations were: severed from Christ; removed from God; fallen away from grace; disobedient to the truth; Christ would profit them nothing; and that they were not following the true Gospel. Harsh words indeed!

I know this. But I do not live it. Why do I keep returning to reliance on my own skills and abilities in an attempt to satisfy God?

I am so incredibly frustrated with myself.

1 comment:

Laura T said...

so true.. why is it so hard to accept a gift?

hugs

NAVIGATING LIFE AS A CHRISTIAN WITH BIPOLAR AFFECTIVE DISORDER