Monday 22 October 2007

Pain and Hope


I have often drawn comfort in verses which refer to God bringing hope in the morning.


Psalm 30 For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

Psalm 130 My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning.

Lamentations 3 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.


There is a hope. A hope to cling to. The hope of newness and rejoicing the the morning.

And I give thanks that God gives me the strength to await the morning, to make it through the night.

However, I can't downplay how long and how dark the night can be.

And maybe I shouldn't.

If I downplay the suffering, I minimise how much God is glorified.


In keeping with my preceding post, if I am going to honor God by the day to day struggle of my illness, I'm going to stop feeling guilty about the fact that the nights are dark and long and hard and lonely.

And I will still hope for the morning.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello dear friend,
May you be blessed with buckets of new hope every morning. Susie xx

Jill said...

Thanks Suse - I appreciate your efforts to make contact. Just feeling a bit broken at the moment.

J

NAVIGATING LIFE AS A CHRISTIAN WITH BIPOLAR AFFECTIVE DISORDER