Wednesday 24 October 2007

What is my birthright?


In a conversation with my doctor yesterday, he was talking about 'my birthright' - in the context that it is my birthright to expect wellness, healing, happiness.

But of course, this is not my birthright.

Since the fall I have lost my birthright and am under the same curse as Eve "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you." (Genesis 3:16).

My birthright as a result of the fall is pain, suffering and death.

I have never been so struck by the difference between the secular world and Christian world and our approach to our 'entitlements'.

2 comments:

Laura T said...

But we have now a new birthright, a new inheritance as adopted sons. New hearts, new bodies, a new creation..

Now, but not yet.

so we wait..

we wait

Jill said...

And in this temporal world, the waiting seems to go on forever. I know that God promises it will be 'but an instant', it just doesn't feel like that

NAVIGATING LIFE AS A CHRISTIAN WITH BIPOLAR AFFECTIVE DISORDER